Sunday, September 6, 2009

~The Kitchen Cupboard~


Each Month I will be posting some of my all time favorite recipes.Which will be called the "Kitchen Cupboard".

I love to cook, It's so relaxing to me, Although I never really quite enjoyed cooking as much until I was married. Daniel has always been so excited about my creations,which always makes it more fun.Some things have turned out better then others, however I've learned alot over the years.I have to say my joy of cooking comes from my Mom.I have so many wonderful memories seating in the kitchen watching or helping her prepare our meals growing up.

If you have a sweet tooth I think you will love this recipe. Enjoy!

Butterscotch Bars- combine 6 tablespoons butter or margarine,melt,1/2 cup malted cereal nuggetts(cornflakes)1cup brown sugar,1egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat well. Sift together 1cup sifted all purpose flour,1/2 teaspoon baking powder,and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and soda; stir into cereal mixture.Add 3/4 cup flaked coconut; spread batter in greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350' for 20 to 25 mins.Cool; cut makes around 16 bars.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm those sound yummy Meggie! I wanna have t recipe blog eventually as well as out fam blog, I liked all your posts and the elephant pic is so cute!

    ReplyDelete