Friday, October 29, 2010

Up At The Cabin ~ Birthday Getaway


We just got back from our beautiful getaway, celebrating Daniel's birthday. We wanted to go camping for awhile now, however because of our work schedules and not being able to drive hours away, I found the next best thing, renting a cabin about 20 minutes away from us with amazing views, hidden away with tasty dining options and fun adventures about 10 minutes from our cabin to the resort and lodge. My kind of camping, ha! Anyway, it was pure heaven just to getaway and to spend some time together enjoying nature. On the last day we even did some kayaking, which was the first time for the both of us. When we first got into the boat, Daniel in front and myself in back, we thought well this won't be hard! Sure, Daniel took it very seriously and I followed his stride, then a few moments later after going down river, we ran into a swamp and the trees started hitting us in the face - then, we almost flipped. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason I thought it was the most hilarious thing, I don't think Daniel thought it was quite as funny.  All the sudden, we both broke out in laughter and tears. We recovered and did not flip, there was just algae everywhere in the boat. Well, needless to say - we survived and decided to mark that off our bucket list -for good.

Despite all this, Daniel said it was the best birthday he ever had, which makes me so happy!

Here are some of the pictures of our fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Loved the pics, looked like you both had such a good time! I noticed you made smores....right on Meggie! You and Daniel both look so cute! Love you!

    ReplyDelete